A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Year Older & Hopefully Wiser


Today is my birthday. Celebrations get simpler as we grow older but I have the most wonderful time spending it with family. My mom, sister and brother made a big deal out of the day by taking me out to lunch at Kushin-bo. They had all taken leave from their work to spend the afternoon with me. I'm so privileged to be loved by them. 

Japanese food is the all-time favorite cuisine of my family, except Matt, who's a typical Chinese man who loves his mom's cooking! Even Nathanael has adopted a love for Japanese food and has taken a liking to sashimi. Surprisingly, it's my first experience dining at Kushin-bo. Everything the restaurant served was good! They had a good spread of dessert and teas too. As my mom always says 'we live to eat and not eat to live'. That's how much we love food! 

Later that evening, Matt brought the kids and I to 周庄 for dinner. He ordered a chocolate truffle cake from Swiss Bake. We walked around Anchorpoint for a while and went home. 

I thank God for my family and those special friends, who remembered my birthday and sent me their well wishes. 


No comments: