A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

10th Wedding Anniversary


We celebrated our decade-long wedding anniversary last Friday. Gosh! Seems like ages but we're still pretty much young-at-heart. Matt knows I love seafood so he brought us to No Signboard at Vivo City. We had Thai-style abalone, broccoli with scallops and my favorite white-pepper crab. We also ordered coffee pork ribs and butter fried chicken. Dinner was yummy-licious! Our dear little princess, Natalie was asleep the whole time we ate and woke just before we were about to leave. 

Photo (above) taken by Nathanael


To celebrate our anniversary, we also brought the kids for a 2 night stay at Nirwana Gardens in Bintan. My mom, brother, sister and brother-in-law came along too. It's been such a long while since we last went overseas as a family. 

It was Natalie's first overseas trip too! We brought along her sterilizer and food warmer as well as bottles of distilled water just to be careful after our terrible experience with Nathanael in Medan. It was also Natalie's first swimming experience. Boy! She loves the water.








Big brother, Nathanael can swim pretty well and thread water confidently now, after taking swimming lessons as CCA. Kor kor loves water too and even went on the jet ski with Daddy in Bintan.  

No comments: