A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Mistakes & Grief

Yesterday, Nathanael made 3 mistakes, which resulted in getting him caned by me. Before caning him, I asked why he did what he did and was told that he wanted the book badly. I caned 2 strokes on his right palm and another 2 strokes on his buttocks. Also, he had to throw the book away as a form of punishment. It pained me so much to cane him so hard because I wanted him to remember that what he did wasn't right. After that, I saw him stood by the window and cried.

This incident reminded me of us. How it must have grieved God so much when we choose to disobey Him. As I stood by the kitchen sink and cried, I know God's heart must have also ached whenever He has to punish us. Just as our children are dear so us, how much more are we dearer to God.


No comments: