A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Natalie's Daily Schedule


Mommy says my schedule changes as I grow. Dr Yip recommended that Mommy feed me solids meals daily when I turn 6 months. So Mommy had to change my weekday routine slightly.

5:45   Mommy wakes up to prepare kor kor for school & sees him off to the school bus. 

7:00 Rise & shine, Daddy wakes up with me. I'll be watching Channel NewsAsia with Daddy while he feeds me milk #1. Usually I'll struggle a bit so Daddy has no choice but to break the feed 2 or 3 times.

8:20 Mommy wakes up again so that Daddy can go off to work. 

9:00 Power nap time! Meanwhile, Mommy will take her breakfast, cook my meal and 'magic clean' the house. Sometimes Mommy will make mashed sweet potatoes or potatoes with Heinz pumpkin, potato & beef puree. Other times, Mommy will make porridge. If I mess up Mommy's schedule, then Mommy will make simpler meals like rice cereal with Heinz parsnip, carrot & sweet potato puree. Yummy!

10:00 Bath-time! I love my bath-time because I've got toys to play while taking my bath. Before my bath, Mommy will clean my mouth, my face & ears. Sometimes, she'll clean my nose too which I dislike most so I'll kick in protest with all my strength. Let me tell you a secret - I love to pee on Mommy while she washes my hair, just before she puts me into the bath tub ;D Splash, splosh, splash, splosh...

10:30 Mum mum time! Mommy will feed me the first solid meal of the day. Yummy! It's time to get messy!

11:00 I love watching Hi-5 on Kids Central. I like Tim. Seeing him sing and dance makes my day. 

11:30 After Hi-5, Mommy will let me play  for a while. She usually put me on my 'Hello Kitty' bumper mat so I can sit or roll around. By the way, I can roll on my tummy and back again now! I also love putting toys in my mouth. Sometimes, Mommy will read me my favorite book 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' by Michael Rosen. It's a winner of the Smarties Book Prize, you know. 

12:00 It's nap-time again. Mommy feeds me milk #2 and then she puts me to bed so she can clear up the mess and take her lunch. Some days, she'll also hang up the laundry she has put to wash in the morning. Mommy will also catch up on the motherhood forum. Boy! My Mommy loves shopping online! So many things to buy. My Mommy hopes I'll love to shop like her. Well, I'm not too sure about that yet. We shall wait & see...

15:00 I'm up and I want to play! This is the longer play-time of the day. Again, Mommy will put me on the bumper mat again so I can play my toys.

16:30 I'm getting grouchy and I want my power nap again. Mommy will make me milk #3 and put me to sleep. While I'm sleeping, Mommy will cook porridge for my dinner so she can bring it to ye ye nai nai's house and feed me there.

17:30 I'm up again. This time, Mommy needs to take her bath so she'll put me on the high chair she bought from Ikea. I'll sit outside the bathroom while Mommy showers. 

18:00 We're going out! To pick Daddy from office, of course. If Daddy works late, Mommy will walk me around Centrepoint. I love to be carried in the Baby Bjorn because I can see everything.

19:00 Mommy feeds me dinner at ye ye nai nai's house. My cousin, Shauna, will be there too. Shauna is 5 and a half months older than me. Daddy & kor kor will take their dinner first. Mommy will eat after HRH (that's me!) finishes her porridge. 

20:30 Back to home sweet home.  Getting ready for bedtime. If the weather is hot, Daddy will move my cot to the bedroom so we can all sleep together. I love sleeping in air-conditioned room. I'll have my night milk #4 feed before I sleep. Sometimes Daddy or kor kor will play with me. Mommy says I can't play too rough because I'll get nightmares. Boring...


No comments: