A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Living Daily by God's Grace

When I look back and reflected at how much I struggled and seeing myself today, I must give all praise and glory to God for He has been faithful and steadfast. He has seen me through my many ups and downs and He's been with me when I was weak and tired. He reminds me encouragingly and gently picks me up each time I fall. When I stray, He draws me back closer to Him. He teaches me to be humble in spirit. Without Him, I am nothing. 

Many people look at the nicer side of being a stay-at-home mom. But managing alone has not all been a bed of roses and many a times, a lot of sacrifices have to be made. Having said that, I lack nothing.  I agree that having the privilege to spend every moment with my little girl, watching her grow each day, and seeing her achieving different milestones every time is more than what a mother can ever ask for. I'm truly blessed to have her. This second-time motherhood has moulded my character. It has torn and also patched my strengths and weaknesses. 

Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


No comments: