A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A New Baby, Busy Like a Bee

Two 2 things have kept me very busy for the past few weeks, so much that I haven't even posted an entry for a long time. Natalie is one of them. For a while, she's been learning to walk and crawl all over the house and I feel it's my utmost duty to keep the place clean and neat. Everything and anything within her reach will go into her mouth almost immediately. How tiring! But at the same time, it's fulfilling to see her take baby steps. 

At the same time, I'm also preparing for her first birthday party. With a very limited budget, I'm doing all I can to make it a memorable one for her. I've decided to go on a "flower & butterfly" theme but then again, I personally like Hello Kitty very much. Is this my party or hers? Sigh... I miss my childhood.

I've also chosen a #1 cake from eCreative and I'm likely to use their catering service since it's convenient and reasonable. I'm also planning to make some party favors for friends. Another one of my proud achievement of being able to source for a practical yet economical gift. I'll post up a photo once it's done. 

The other thing that's kept me busy is my business. Yes, my new business. Seeing all the hair clips that my sister bought Natalie, I never thought that it'll be one of my other passionate hobby. Thanks also to my girlfriend who gave me instructions. Shopping for ribbons has made me gone crazy several times! So here's my new baby. I hope this will sustain me for a while. 

If you're reading this entry, please help me spread the word around to mommies who have baby girls - julesbowtique.blogspot.com. Thank you!

No comments: