A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Keep me from sharing my child's new found joys.
And most of all, help me to look above
When at times I think I have no love.
For You have promised to bear my load
As these precious lives unfold.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Give Thanks in All Circumstances

Today, God has again reminded me to be humble in spirit and grateful at all times, giving thanks in all circumstances. Just a while ago, my sister texted me on my mobile and asked me to read a heart-wrenching blog by mother who shared about her loss

This blog has reminded me to love and give selflessly. And it doesn't matter if we're not rich enough, our house or car are not big enough, our position at work is not high enough, we're not smart enough or the things we use are not branded enough. They are immaterial in God's eyes. Are my words, thoughts and deeds pleasing to Him enough?


No comments: